The end of the year offers a natural opportunity to do a longer reflection on where and how you are. It's a beaut time to recall, look back on the year that's been, and reflect on what events have shaped you during the year. Here's what we recommend you do:-
Get a significant other to do this with you
Create a fun space in time to do these questions (in nature, in a coffee
shop, with a glass of wine, over supper, etc)
Invite the Divine Energy to do this with you. Still yourself, be reminded that you are deeply cared for by the Divine Energy and all your angels and guides.
Take a moment to remember the year - what were some of the key moments?
Select the questions below that speak to you and write down your answers (it's always a treasure to keep in the future)
Share some of your responses with someone.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
- What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
- What was an unexpected joy this past year?
- What was an unexpected obstacle, hurt or disappointment?
- Pick three words to describe 2016.
- Pick three words your friend/family would use to describe your 2016 (don't ask them; guess based on how you think they see you).
- What were the best books/blogs/shows/movies you read/watched this year?
- With whom were your most valuable relationships?
- What are some of the changes in relationships that occured? (closer/further/new).
- What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
- In what way(s) did you grow in your realtionship with others?
- What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
- What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
- What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
- What was the biggest thing you learnt this past year?
- Create a phrase or statement that describes 2016 for you.
- Where did you say 'yes' to the Divine Energy in your life this year?
- What opportunities did you not expect this year?
- Do you feel like you missed any opportunities?
- Where have you seen growth in your life/work skills?
- What longings were/were not fulfilled this year?
- How are you different this year than last year at this time?
- If you had to give this year a symbol/picture what would it be?
- What blessings has the Divine Energy offered to you this year?
I hope and trust you will find this short reflective exercise a beneficial one. It has been my experience in doing this reflection exercise that it really helps put many past events into a better perspective and gives me a solid foundation to begin the New Year on. Have a shot at it and let me know how you get on. Please send you comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments are held in complete privacy and never shared with any one.
Wishing you beautiful moments, treasured memories and all the blessing a heart can know! Happy New Year!
~ Christine Convery on behalf of all of us at Health 'n' Harmony for Life.