Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ Membership Terms and Conditions
- All ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ retreat participants will receive a FREE 12-month membership will full membership benefits.
- Connection with our community by becoming a member helps support your meditation practices and strengthen your understanding of meditation in many ways:-
- a) Members receive a FREE guided meditation recording to download on their device of choice.
- b) Members receive ongoing meditation instruction at a discounted fee.
- c) Members are invited to workshops, programs, retreats and special events, and receive discounts off the attendance fees for these.
- d) Members receive guided meditation recordings to download, priced at 50% off our regular website store price.
- e) Members receive a 15% discount off all retreat investment fees, when booking a place on retreat.
- f) Access to member resources via email, and receive a 10% discount on all of our other website store products.
- Membership is for a 12-month period.
- After 12 months your membership will be due for renewal at the set renewal fee.
- To cancel your membership written notice is required. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership cancellations are not accepted over the phone or by voice message.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Memberships are available to Australian residents only.
- Memberships are valid for both new and past students of Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life.
- There is to be only one membership per student.
- Becoming a member of ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ becomes a statement about your personal inspiration, curiosity, and commitment to the path of awakening. It means participating in a community of practitioners who aspire to relate to each other with honesty, warmth, and openness. We inspire one another to deepen our practice of mindfulness-based stillness meditation, awareness and compassion.
- ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ operates almost entirely through the care and contributions of its members. We depend upon one another for the energy and generosity that make our programs possible, and for the creativity and kindness that provide a space for all to practice and study. Everyone is invited to become a member of ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’.
- A member of ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ makes a connection to mindfulness-based stillness meditation(MBSM) practice, and works to integrate that practice into daily life. As part of the global mandala of MBSM practice, members are dedicated to creating enlightened society.
- Membership is a way to express appreciation for what ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ provides and help make it available to others. This involves three areas of engagement and support:-
- a) Practicing meditation
Making a connection to MBSM or related contemplative practice and integrating this practice into daily life is considered the best way for members to support ‘Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life’ (HnH4L) and benefit the world and ourselves. In addition to individual and group practice, members can take advantage of our workshops, programs, retreats and events throughout the year at a discounted fee.
- a) Practicing meditation
- b) Volunteering
Much of the work at HnH4L is done by volunteers. Giving our time and talents to the work of the community is a vital form of support and viewed as part of members’ practice. There are many ways to help. Members donate time based on their interests and personal availability.
Some volunteer opportunities at HnH4L include:-
- i) Hospitality: assisting with registration, welcoming new guests, helping with food and beverage service.
- ii) Uplifting the environment: cleaning and organizing meditation practice spaces and materials.
- iii) Ikebana: assisting with flower and other arrangements to provide a welcoming and wakeful environment.
- iv) Program staffing: providing support for HnH4L workshops, retreats and special events.
- c) Providing financial support
The HnH4L meditation group depends almost entirely upon the financial generosity of its members in order to operate. Members are asked to make regular financial contributions if possible. The amount of support is always based on one’s ability to contribute. Of course, one can make a financial contribution without becoming a member.
- Fill out our membership form and we will be in touch with you. Membership fee amounts are set with the general public in mind. Please contact us if you hold a Centrelink pension card or health care card, to discuss your personal membership fee amount.
- Why does membership matter?
Although membership is not required to participate in much of what HnH4L has to offer, without our community’s financial and volunteer support, we would not be able to offer all the wonderful programs, practice sessions, and events that we do. It is because of our members that the profound tradition of meditation is able to survive and flourish. Payment of membership dues is the financial backbone of our HnH4L home centre and retreat centre.
“Those who are in our HnH4L membership group are warriors, because they are trying to overcome life’s challenges and difficulties. Members support one another and care for one another, either face to face, or by being a part of our special closed facebook group, or by being one of our treasured volunteer helpers. They are not perfect, but they inspire us because they are people who want to deepen their practice of MBSM, awareness and compassion. The group of members is also a container. When we practice together, either face to face or over the miles, the group helps our discipline. We realize that there are other people around who are going through the same types of things in life. That gives us a feeling of encouragement.
~ Gian Inder Kaur (Christine Convery).
- Director and Co-Founder at Health ‘n’ Harmony for Life.